Monday, February 8, 2010

Buddies

After sitting around all last weekend and being around poker at Buddies In Holt (my non-profit hosts millionaire parties on a few select weekend). Buddies In Holt has a regular poker room (run by Maverick Gaming) with a different charity every weekend.

So, the next weekend I was fiending to sit down on the player side of the cards and play.

I got to Buddies a 1/2 hour before the 7:00 nightly tournament. So, I decided to sit at the only table they had going ($40 max, $1-$2 NL Hold'em). I was just there to have fun and waste time, so I wasn't playing too many hands. I was joking around with all the people at the table, including one of the guys who would be dealing the tournament in a 1/2 hour. For the last 2-3 hands before the tournament, he was proclaiming that he's push all his chips in if he hit any of the flop, and each time I bet the $20 or so which he had in front of him. He folded each time after the flop until his last hand. Of course, on that hand, I had AA and he had 2-4, when the flop came J-10-2, he checked to me, I pushed and he called. the river came a 4, he won the pot and left to deal the tournament.

Truly, I wasn't too disappointed, I usually don't get upset with how the cards come out (I am aware that being a 95% favorite will lose 1 out of 20 times). That and we both knew he was going all in eventually, he wasn't trying to claim that his play was good or smart. Anyway, I wasn't telling that just to complain, I just thought it was a good hand to talk about.

Afterwards, I kept my $36 in cash game chips and bought into the $20 buy-in tournament. I lost my $8000 in chips before the first break. This tournament had 1 rebuy optional before the first break. So, I re-bought. And before the first break, I lost that too. In general, I was playing too many hands and folding too many times. I'm sure I could have bought a few pots, but I shouldn't have even been in to see that many flops.

Well, back to cash games for me. Besides, I had $36 in chips that I needed to get rid of. Long story short, I left the cash table when the poker room closed (2am) with $317 (minus $15 in dealer tips). I had a very good/fun night.

There was some fun stories, but in general, playing with drunk people is always a good idea.

Given to Family ($26)
Poker Fund (+$196)

No comments:

Post a Comment