Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Firekeepers (3/9/2010)

Well, I went with some friends to Firekeeper on Tuesday night. It wasn't as good of a night for any of us. However, I got the worst of it, financially speaking. I'm sure it was mainly from my win on Sunday that I made 2 MAJOR mistakes. 1) I brought too much money and 2) I played very impatiently. I tried to win money too fast.

We had called ahead and gotten on the list for the only game going on, they had 5 different 1-2 NL Hold'em tables running. When we got there, there were 2 open seats, so 2 (of the 4) of us started playing right away, for some reason, I was one of them. Which suited me well, since I was ready to play and ready to win more money.

As it turns out, that attitude was to be my downfall. That, and a long run of bad cards. I sat down with $100 and within an hour, it was gone. I was at a very loose, very aggresive table, but I did not see a playable hand in my first 50 hands, easily. However, that didn't stop me from seeing flops and chasing stupid draws. Needless to say, my 2nd $100 went just about as quickly.

This is the point in the night where I should have just gotten up, watched my friends play or even gone and spent my next $100 at Let-It-Ride. But, I'm not that smart, and I had too much money. So, I decided to buy another $100 in chips and actually played them smarter and slower. And, to add to that, the cards started turning around...I was getting some decent starting cards and hitting a few draws. The problem was that I just could never get the pot big when I had the best of it.

So, without too many exciting hands, I lost my 3rd $100. And, since the others had already lost their money, I was not tempted to buy my 4th, and last, $100. Phew.

And, to speed up the rest of the story, I did go play Let-It-Ride with my last $100 before we left. And, with some ups and downs, I left with the same $100 I started with. Oh well, I didn't make all my money back, but it's better than being down all $400 on the day.

Poker Fund (-300)

No comments:

Post a Comment